Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things to be grateful for - Dec 1 and Dec 2

Dec 1: First and foremost, I'll start with the obvious one. I'm grateful that I was lucky enough to meet Janell, fall in love with her, and convince her to marry me. We've been together now for a total of nine years, and it has been a fantastic journey so far. When people say relationships are hard work, I think perhaps they haven't tried it with the right person for them. My relationship with Janell isn't hard work at all. It's actually quite easy, and I think that is because we are peers and partners in every sense of the word. So, I'm grateful for a having fantastic relationship with my best friend.

Dec 2: The next obvious one. I'm grateful to have two wonderful, healthy, curious, funny, loving, caring little boys. It's very exciting to be able to help them learn, well basically everything. The first time that truly dawned on me was when I showed them how to hold an apple so that they didn't eat the end and chew through the core. Simple things you never think about. I absolutely love it when I can share little private moments with them where we both laugh at something silly without really talking about why it's silly. I don't have to write this down to know I'm grateful for it, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

1 comment: