Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tough week for exercise

Wow, it's been a tough week for exercise.  Up until this, the final week, I'd say I've been meeting the stated goals, but just barely.  Even the week the kids were sick I managed to walk to lunch several times and get my 30 minutes in.  This week, however, I had noon meetings EVERY DAY!  These people are crazy!  And, I had personal commitments every night, so working out after the boys went to bed wasn't an option this week.  I realized that in order to really get the exercise to become a habit, I need to make a schedule that I can stick to rather than counting on being able to just fit it in.  So far I only have one day in, and I actually went Thursday to Thursday without exercising.  That's pathetic.  However, since I set the exercise bar relatively low, I can still meet the goal this week if I work out the next two days.

Although the goals will technically be met for this challenge, I'm not really satisfied with the results.  I'm going to roll this one over into the next month for myself .  After all, since I started drinking more water, it's a lot easier to avoid having a soda anyway.

How's everybody else doing?

Jason

1 comment:

  1. With the water drinking I'd give myself a B+. I didn't get all my water all the time but I did increase the amount that I drank daily.

    With the exercise I'll be generous and give myself a C-. I did go to the gym 2-3 days a week and even took the stairs to our condo a few times (17 flights) but overall I just wasn't that active.

    No soda should be pretty easy. I don't like to pay $2.25 for something I can get for $1.00 so if we do go out its water for me.

    Thanks for keeping us engaged and on track, this is great.

    ReplyDelete