Saturday, February 28, 2009

Change of Plans and Alternate Challenges

I was going over the list with Trent a few weeks ago, and he actually talked me into switching two months around.  The reason is that I have the fruits and vegetables challenge in May, but if we wait until later in the summer we can get lots of good stuff at the local farmers markets.  Good idea, Trent!  I ended up swapping May and September, since I think the timing on June-August is still pretty good.

Here is the new order for my challenge.

January - Water
February - Exercise
March - No soda (and continue the exercise challenge)
April - No more than one alcoholic drink a day
May - Floss every day
June - Minimize your trash
July - Don't watch any television all month
August - Don't drive alone in your car to work
September - 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
October - Eat one of the 14 top "superfoods"
November - No fast food
December - Write down something you are grateful for

On a related note, I know that many people have used this as a template for their own 30 days challenge.  That's great!  This is my list.  I encourage everybody to make their own if this doesn't quite meet their goals.  Please take some time to let us know what your list looks like.  It may give others some ideas.

Oh, by the way, we got a head start on the June challenge.  We picked up a compost bin a few weeks ago.  If you live in Portland, you can get one at Metro Paint on Swan Island for only $35.  We've already eliminated one bag of garbage from our weekly collection!  Now if we could just get the boys potty-trained...

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment