Thursday, January 22, 2009

Water for a day of snowboarding

Since I'm heading to Sunriver this weekend, and Mt. Bachelor is supposed to get some decent snow, I decided I should recalculate my water needs for the day. Using the handy calculator from the Water Logged post, I put in 90 minutes of exercise (the max in the calculator), high elevation, dry climate, and cold weather. And, since I'll be on vacation at Sunriver, I'll have at least 4 beers. The total ended up being 151.5 ounces of water! This is double a normal day for me! Considering that about 20 percent should come from food I'll need to drink 121.2 ounces of water. Good thing beer counts in the total!

I guess the important thing to remember is when you are doing something out of the normal, like snowboarding for a day, your water needs change quite drastically from the baseline.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment