Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Beer Counts!

Good News! It seems that beer actually counts in the overall total! It is, after all, mostly made out of water. However, the alcohol in the beer drives your daily requirements up a bit, but it is less than the beer. Check out the link to the water calculator in the previous post for exact details, but it seems that each beer drives up your daily requirements by about 5 oz. It's still a net gain. Wine is pretty much a wash. That being said, unless I do a lot of excercising, 64 oz of actual water a day seems to be a pretty normal intake for me. Of course, things like juice and milk count. As do coffee, tea, and...surprisingly...soda. Just caution that too much coffee and tea is bad for you, and any soda is bad for you.

It's been going pretty good so far, and I must admit. I do feel a bit better than before I had enough water. Although bathroom trips are more frequent.

Good luck!

Jason

3 comments:

  1. Good deal - glad to hear this!

    I've been filling up a 2 qt water jug at home and bringing it to school...tastes so much better than the water at school. Found that I feel a lot better after a week of drinking just plain water rather than the 3rd, 4th, and 5th cup of coffee in the faculty lounge. Good thing the RR is across the hall from my classroom.

    Since our topic this month is water, wondering about bottled water compared to home tap water. Know we have excellent water where we live (NE Colorado) 180 ft deep well - think it taps into the Ogalala Aquifer. Bottled water to me just doesn't make a lot of sense. Not only is energy used to bottle the water, what happens to those plastic bottles - landfill???

    One cool thing I found is a yarn made by "Caron" called Super Soft Eco made from recycled plastic bottles. Knitted several caps and am pleased with the results. They are machine washable and can be thrown in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooney Bird!

    Glad to see you sit this up! I am trying to get Heather to join me on the water quest this month...

    Me and my new stainless water bottle I got for Christmas have become good friends! I have definitely been making pit stops more often... But I definitely think my energy and skin are doing much better.

    Keep up the good work...

    Later,
    Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila - good point on the tap vs. bottled water. Often times bottled water is just somebody else's tap water. Save your money. As for what happens to the bottles, it sounds like they end up in your hats!

    ReplyDelete