Tuesday, December 30, 2008

January Challenge - Drink Enough Water

Well, here we go! The 30 Days Challenge officially starts on Thursday! The first challenge is to make sure that you get enough water. I've found several differing sources on how much you need per day, so I'm going to go with the advice of my chiropractor. She says that if you divide your weight in pounds by 2, that's how many ounces of water you need to drink each day. So, if you weigh 150 pounds, you need 75 oz of water. Now, this does seem like quite a bit to me, but I'm willing to try and see how it goes. Now, pure water is not the only source of water. According to the Mayo Clinic website, a normal daily intake of food accounts for 20% of the water you need. Certain foods like watermelon are 90-100% water. According the website, even beer, wine, and caffeinated beverages contribute, but they also make you need more water...confusing I know.

Check out this website for more details.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Let the challenge begin!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment