Sunday, August 9, 2009

First week of commuting down!

This one hasn't been too bad so far, but I was lucky that the 100 degree week hit in July and not August! Here's a quick rundown.

  • Monday - I rode my bike both to and from work. It took about 35-40 minutes from my door to my desk and vice versa.
  • Tuesday - I rode my bike to work, and Janell picked me up on the way to the Hillsboro Farmers Market after work.
  • Wednesday - I rode my bike to work, and then I unexpectedly caught a ride home with Trent after work.
  • Thursday - I took the bus to work. It took about 45 minutes, and I had to leave home at 6:30 (and arrive at 7:15) to avoid an extra 20 minutes of waiting time for the one that gets me there closer to 8:00. I took the bus home and stopped for a chiropractor appointment on the way. It took about 45 minutes to get to the chiropractor's office. Afterwards, I waited about 15 minutes for the next bus and took a 5 minute ride home.
  • Friday - I rode my bike both directions.
So far I've learned that my options to get to work are a 15 minute drive costing about $1 in gas each way, a 35 minute bike ride for free, or a 45-65 minute bus ride costing $2 each way where I can't control the time. Public transportation from my house to my work is a hard sell. There are a few other options I'll explore.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment